Monday 7 April 2014

Célia's Journey

Célia is a co worker at the Sett and is part of the Appletree Catalyst Agency team. She is also one of the runners of the London Marathon. 

In preparing for her journey ahead, she was pushed far out of her comfort zone. Through facing this challenging situation, she had to become brave in order to reach her goal of completing the race.



Below is an extract taken from her blog post "Breaking the Mold

Consider the following when you face your comfort zone:

  • Embrace The Mistakes: Especially when you are trying something new or different for the first time. Albert Einstein said: “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new”. So try taking the pressure off yourself and tell yourself the following: “ It’s ok to make mistakes…in fact I welcome mistakes because it’s part of the process and I know it helps me in learning about myself and what I’m trying to achieve.”

  • Silence Your Inner Critic: This has been a big one for me. I’m constantly comparing myself to others when I run. I harshly define myself according to others and that really limits me from being authentically who I am as a runner. One way I now manage this is to remind myself of why I run and the values I choose to live by every time my inner critic tries to discourage me. For example: When I run I may not be the quickest but I know I won’t give up!

  • Celebrate Significant Milestones: We often leave the celebrations to achieving the end result. However I’ve learnt that even a marathon has significant milestones that I can celebrate on route to the end! Go ahead and celebrate your own milestones!

Remember that life begins at the end of your comfort zone!

To continue reading, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment